The Career Industry Council of Australia (CICA) is the National Peak Body representing the broad range of organisations and associations involved in providing career development services and programs throughout Australia. It is the only industry body concerned specifically with work and learning transitions.
CICA is a not for profit organisation guided by a voluntary Council.
Broadly, CICA focuses on quality assurance and contributes to systemic improvements in the quality of and access to career services for the benefit of all Australians across the lifespan and to the achievement of national policy priority outcomes.
National Careers Week is a CICA initiative and aims to celebrate careers, career development, career development practitioners and services and promote the economic, social and personal benefits of career development.
The objectives of National Careers Week are to:
- Provide a focus on careers and career development to support all Australians.
- Develop community awareness of the concept, benefit and value of career development.
- Raise aspirations, challenge stereotypes, and broaden horizons.
- Highlight the need for ongoing reskilling and upskilling to support careers throughout life.
- Identify the changing nature of work and its impact on Australians.
- Showcase industries and the career opportunities available in them.
As a partner of National Careers Week, we are providing an opportunity for you to connect and engage with Australians of all ages, no matter what stage of their career journey they are at.
If you would like to be a visible leader in addressing
- gender role stereotypes in careers,
- helping address labour market skills shortages,
- raising awareness of support programs available,
- engage with the current and the future generation of employees; and
- help in ensuring that career development is a driver of change in Australia that empowers Australians of all ages to take control of their own future.