“I was in my late 40's and decided it was time for a career change and pursue what I always wanted to do"
“I knew what subjects I was good at, but I needed help to turn that passion into a career."
"I love maths and science at school, and I’m really excited to make a career out of it one day."
Tips for running an event
Download our resources
Support National Careers Week
Become a Partner
Find events in your areaAll Map View larger map
Showcase your event
What is National Careers Week?
National Careers Week aims to celebrate careers, career development and career development practitioners and to promote the economic, social and personal benefits of career development.
Everyday decisions and priorities affect career development. Career development is about much more than jobs
– it is about how to live your life.
The objectives of National Careers Week are to:
- Develop community awareness of the concept, benefit, and value of career development.
- Raise aspirations, challenge stereotypes, and broaden horizons about careers.
- Highlight the need for ongoing reskilling and upskilling to support careers throughout life.
- Identify the changing nature of work and its impact on all Australians.
- Showcase industries and the career opportunities available in them.
- Provide opportunities to partner with key stakeholders.